Dr. Padilla came to us from Puerto Rico, where he was director of a community health center in a rural area while working with the National Health Service Corps. He was also a Lt. Commander in the U. S. Navy Reserves. He is fluent in both English and Spanish. He moved to Fort Myers in 1991 and joined Island Coast Pediatrics in 1995. He and his wife Solangel have one son. He is an avid birder.
Learn more about Dr. Jose Padilla-Lopez, MD
University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez Campus, Mayagues, P.R.
- B.S. in Biology Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Member Association of Biology Students
- Candidate Member B.B.B. Honor Society
University of Puerto Rico, School of Medicine
- Student Member, American Medical Association
- Student Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
University of Puerto Rico, Pediatric Hospital
- Completed straight internship and residency
United States Naval Reserve
- 1989-1991 Currently Inactive Ready Reserve
- General Medical Officer, rank Lieutenant Commander
- Held position of Mobilization officer, Fleet Hospital 500 unit 14 Detachment L
Grupo Pediatricio de la Montana
Corporacion de Salud de la Montana
- Appointed Medical Director August 1989
Family Health Centers of South West Florida, Inc.
- Appointed Lead Pediatrician in 1991, duties included administrative & supervision of Pediatric Department personnel.
- Member of Formulary Committee
Island Coast Pediatrics